Besides Whrrl.com, I also am intrigued right now by GeoGraffiti and Geo Diary, both of which appear to allow information embedded in the ether via GPS coordinates. GeoDiary looks to have more features. GeoGraffiti is simply audio "voice marks." I'm working on a sound scripting project for WSU Vancouver, so the idea of working only in audio is enticing. But if Geo Diary can do that and more, I think I'll just start building there. Will be doing some field research on this and report back.
- ► 2010 (53)
- Two new augmented reality apps
- Clay Shirky: How social media can make history
- "Metareality" begins to emerge
- Mobile storytelling presentation
- "The Perfect Thing" by Steven Levy; more iPod wors...
- The art of the interface
- Mobile phones and modern education techniques at A...
- Thinking differently about teaching and the learni...
- Marx and "reification"
- Two other location-based sites to try
- Upcoming mobile projects
- Blobjectifying stuff is good
- Whrrl.com, the discovery of a storytelling app for...
- Location-based services report from Compete
- ▼ June (15)